Saturday, March 21, 2009

Hills Market


I have just returned from one of the best sample days I have had in a long time. Late in October I ventured out to Columbus Ohio to meet with some unique stores in an attempt to grow my gelato business. One such place was Hills Market located on Olentangey Road just north of 270. I met with Preston, one of the managers there, and I knew this was a great place for Madisono's. The ice cream section has one of the largest selections of Ohio products I have ever seen. Throughout the entire store they had signs showing off local products. Needless to say they ordered 12 flavors on the first order!
Today I sampled several gelato and sorbet flavors for the annual Ohio Market Day. There were many vendors there sampling all kinds of products. I also had the oppertunity to share some recipes and tips on making gelato at home to a very attentive audience. Thank you all who took the time to learn today. (if you are looking for the recipes please contact me at this link and put Hills Market in the title mattmadison80@hotmail.com )
Demos are the only way I can meet customers and intoduce my products to new ones. So many people had a positive response to tasting Madisono's that I am sure we will be able to build the line. We offer many more flavors that what they stock currently. If you had a chance to sample and made a purchase, Grazie! and please tell your friends about us. I love to share a new find with friends. Madisono's is available at these Columbus locations as well. Whole Foods Dublin and Arlington Heights, Weilands, Carfanga's and Raisen Rack. I want to express my grattitude and appreciation to Hills Market for the invitation. We will be back for the Salmon Roast as well as The Wild Goose Event.
If you are new to my blog please go to madisonogelato.com for a complete list of all our customers in Cincinnati, Columbus and Louisville. See you soon.
Matt

No comments: