Friday, February 27, 2009

New Flavors

Today we finished a few deliveries and production runs of coconut chip gelato and pistachio. We delivered the coconut chip to Nada and packed pistachio into pints for our retail customers. When that was done Joe and I had a chance to get our samples into action. We are working on developing an espresso flavored gelato. So our mission is to produce the best espresso gelato we can. We put together 4 batch runs with different formulas for each. We now get to sample these finished gelato to friends and family and get their opinion on each one. Using that data I can then continue to formulate new blends until we the right one. The fun is all of this is the sampling. At some point it would be great to have some of you be a part of this process. Would you like to? Please contact me at 772-3920. I am not at liberty to disclose all of my formulas or intentions with this new flavor as this is an open forum for all to see. I expect to continue working on this for several more weeks until we get it where we want it. And when we do......hold on to your hat!
Matt

1 comment:

Erin Swing said...

Sounds great and like you have been hard at work! I'd imagine something like an avocado jimica gelato for Nada . . . that reminds me of something I had at Rick Bayless' Frontera Grill in Chicago.