Thursday, September 24, 2009

Lunch on the Land



I added these photos from the Findlay Market site. Check out the link for more info and pictures.
This past weekend I spent in the country. Not far from city lights but in Indian Hill on Turner Farm for the first Lunch on the Land fundraiser for Findlay Market. I felt as though I was back in Adams County. For those of you who do not know I lived there for 5 years farming small fruits, shiitake mushrooms and vegetables. I could go on for hours about this event. I will look for a link to share. It was documented by a real production company and it will be aired on Channel 5 in a few weeks. I will get up as well. I had a great time with all of the chefs. The food was spectacular and the attendance was sold out. 160 people at one long table eating family style. I can not say enough about the organization and the spirits of all involved even while it rained. I partered with Summer Gimanetti from the Palace. We did a sudae with sweet corn gelato, homemade toffee popcorn, blueberry compote, and fresh whipped cream from Snowville Creamery. It was paired with a blueberry wine. Thanks to all of you who attended. I would write more but I have to get the kids from the bus. More to come later.
Matt